Aromatherapy massage is a deeply relaxing form of massage using a medium of aromatic essential oils diluted in carrier oil. As a part of nature, aromatic essential oils are tools of healing and combined with the soothing power of massage have enormous therapeutic benefits to the body. By their fragrance and absorption through the skin, essential oils can also have subtle effects on the mind and emotions, helping to give feelings of relaxation, balance and harmony, a truly holistic therapy.
The Aromatherapist will perform a consultation and agree with you the conditions you want to be taken into account when selecting essential oils. The chosen blend will then be massaged into the body, so that the essential oils can be absorbed to do their work.
Benefits of aromatherapy, (list not exhaustive)
- · introduce a state of relaxation and rejuvenation
- · Relaxes tight and tense muscles
- · Aids natural quality sleep
- · Stimulates blood and lymph circulation
- · Reduces tension
- · Relieves pain, both specific and general
- · improves oxygen flow in the circulation
- · Helps rid the muscle cells of toxins and improves lymphatic drainage
- · Helps induce a psychological 'feel good factor'
- · Stretches the ligaments and tendons keeping them supple and pliable
- · Stimulates the skin and nervous system and soothes the nerves themselves at the same time
- · Reduces Stress
The therapeutic effects of essential oils vary. Some oils are stimulating, whilst others are relaxing. Many oils are antiseptic, antibacterial and antifungal such as Tea Tree and help to enhance the protective function of the skin. Certain oils can calm and soothe the skin and others such as Lavender help the skin cells to regenerate.
It is a deeply therapeutic experience, promoting both deep relaxation and the therapeutic effects of the essential oils
As with all treatments, a full consultation will completed with your therapist to ensure that aromatherapy is right for you.
Well we think aroma oils make sense so why not book a treatment today and feel the benefit!
Beauty and the Spa