Deep Tissue Massage
Deep Tissue Massage is a massage technique that focuses on the deeper layers of muscle tissue also called connective tissue. It aims to release the persistent patterns of tension in the body through specific massage technique either going across or following the fibres of the muscles, fascia and tendons. If you are stressed muscles are tense, they block oxygen and nutrients, leading to possible inflammation that builds up toxins in the muscle tissue. Deep tissue massages assist muscle tissue release, get blood and oxygen circulating properly and also “liberates” the knots.
Deep tissue massage and its benefits are known to greatly improve the condition of many different body parts.
Benefits can include:
- reduced pain
- improved sleep
- improved mobility;
- increased range of motion (ROM);
- restored ease of movement
- reduced muscle hyper tonicity, tension and spasm
- reduced scar tissue and other fascial adhesions, which can improve both circulatory and nerve function .
- promote circulation (of both blood and lymph)
- Increased Blood flow - boosts the oxygen supply to all of the tissues in your body. With more oxygen circulating in the blood, toxins such as lactic acid are removed from your muscles at a higher rate.
- Stress Relief - The forceful and firm pressure forces the body to relax and ultimately relieve tension. Not only do deep tissue massages help rid the muscles of toxins thanks to the increased blood flow, but flushing out toxins also helps to put the body and the mind in a more relaxed state. This can more easily lead to physical relaxation of stiff muscles.
- Reduced Chronic Pain - If you are someone who suffers from chronic discomfort such as arthritis, muscle inflammation, or even a bad back, a deep tissue massage can help alleviate some of the pain.
Beauty and the Spa love Deep Tissue Massage especially after a long day at work, it is just what the therapist ordered!
Beauty and the Spa